Stress is something that can takeover your life, it affects your health and happiness. Beyond directly correlating to your health, did you know stress can actually cause your business to lose money? Unfortunately, US businesses lose up to $300 billion yearly as a result of workplace stress. Sadly, but not surprisingly 83% of US workers suffer from work-related stress.
The good thing is, people learn how to deal with stress every day! By taking advantage of the proper coping techniques you’ll be stress free in not time.
Top Ways to Relieve Stress:
1. Exercise: Exercise doesn't necessarily mean power lifting at the gym or training for a marathon. A short walk around the office or simply standing up to stretch during a break at work can offer immediate relief in a stressful situation. Getting your blood moving releases endorphins and can improve your mood almost instantaneously.
2. Meditate: Meditation brings short-term stress relief as well as lasting stress management. There are many different forms of meditation to try, each method is unique and brings its own benefits.
3. Listen to Music: Playing calm music has a positive effect on the brain and body. Music can lower blood pressure, and reduce cortisol, a hormone linked to stress.
4. Play with a Pet: Pets, especially dogs and cats, can reduce stress, anxiety, and depression. These furry friends help to ease loneliness, encourage exercise, playfulness, and even improve your cardiovascular health. Studies have shown people with pets have lower blood pressure in stressful situations than those without pets. It’s even been found that when people with borderline hypertension adopted dogs from a shelter, their blood pressure declined significantly within five months.
5. Take a Nap: A new study from University Paris found that 30-minute naps can help regulate hormones associated with stress and the immune system.
Remember, everyone suffers from stress. Somedays may seem more stressful than others but learning how to manage the stress in a positive way can make all the difference. Hopefully you can take some of these tips and implement them in your personal and professional life. By doing so you can transform into the most successful version of yourself, and the create a business that continuously prospers. You can even share some of these tips with homeowners!
“Stress and confusion come from being busy. Peace and clarity come from slowing down and stilling your waters.” – Maxime Lagacé (Professional Hockey Player)