One thing many people have been missing since the pandemic is traveling. Everyone loves those weekend getaways, or even that yearly trip to the beach with family. There are extra precautions airlines and hotels have been taking to keep travelers safe amongst all the chaos this year.
Traveling during COVID-19:
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says, “Don’t travel if you are sick or if you have been around someone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days.”
- Ask yourself “Is COVID-19 spreading at your destination?”
- The more cases at your destination, the more likely you are to get infected during travel and spread the virus to others when you return.
- Remember to check each states number of cases within the last 7 days
Aside from COVID-19 precautions here are a few tips from experienced travelers around the world about seizing the day, and exploring in general!
1. The Early Bird Gets the Worm!
- Wake up early and avoid the crowds!
- You can sleep after your amazing trip. Get up early you can explore areas that aren’t busy yet, and take those Instagram worthy photos.
2. Observe Daily Life Around You
- Pay attention to the details! Take in the colors, smells, and interaction between others.
3. Slow Down and Enjoy Your Trip
- Don’t try to tackle too much while in a new place. Stay awhile, slow down your busy mind, and enjoy yourself.
- Many expert travelers say the best moments of their trip are 3-4 days into being at one destination.
4. Become an Expert Photographer
- Taking pictures on your phone doesn’t cost you a dime, and they won’t weigh down your luggage! After you get a few good shots, put your phone down and take in the whole experience.
Many people can’t wait to get back to traveling and experiencing different cultures. While now might not be the perfect time to travel, you can start researching and adding destinations to your bucket list.