I don’t know a whole lot about soccer. My daughter played when she was a little 5-year old and she mostly chased butterflies. She also refused to wear anything but skirts so she never really got the whole uniform concept. But I do know about party planning and so with the World Cup going on, I thought it would be good to share a few ideas for hosting a World Cup party!
Some background: The 2018 FIFA World Cup is the 21st FIFA World Cup, “a quadrennial international football tournament contested by the men's national teams of the member associations of FIFA.” From the first one held in Uruguay in 1930, the World Cup has drawn a mega audience. So much so that when Mexico scored a goal against defending champion Germany this week, it was reported that seismic monitors recorded the massive celebrations as an earthquake.
Here are a few other fun facts:
- The 64-game series goes until July 15
- Brazil has won the World Cup more times than any other country (1958, 1962, 1970, 1994, and 2002)
- The Jules Rimet Trophy for the World Cup is named after the Frenchman who was President of FIFA from 1921-1954
And a few fun ways to celebrate:
- Host a watch party in your party room!
- Dye game day popcorn with team colors
- Make a world cup quiz (since a lot of us don’t know anything about soccer, throw in some geography or world history questions too!)
- Decorate with flags from all the participating countries. How about a quiz to see who can identify the flags!?
- Serve beer and specialty dishes from the countries playing in the cup. For example, ask everyone to choose a country and bring a platter that looks like the flag
- Bonus points for anyone who dresses in their team’s gear or native garb!
- Use yellow napkins (hint: they look like penalty flags!)
- Host a face-painting contest
So with all this celebrating going on, who are the FRONTSTEPPERS favorite teams?
Looking for additional ways to improve the overall resident experience in your communities? Download your free copy of our Six-Step Guide to Providing an Exceptional Resident Experience.